St. John’s Church Council Minutes For May 8, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm in the Fellowship Center with the following in attendance: Mark Perry, Dan Dummermuth, Angie Gump, Dave Gingrich, Adam Herman, Laura Brown, Vicki Rufener, Sue Ferbrache, Barb Lengler, Dan Hurst, Clyde Penrod, Karen Dummermuth, Ed Cook, Mark Hughes, Bob Feutz, John Deitrick, Rob Gump, Laiken Wallick, Pastor Tom, Pastor Dotty, and Heather Smith.
- The general fund ended the month with a balance of $11,213. $24,000 has been transferred from Investments during 2018. Giving is down considerably compared to last year and the budget. Motion by Sue Ferbrache with second by Rob Gump. Motion carried to approve Treasurer’s Report.
Senior Minister’s Report
-Discussed forming a Marketing Committee. Motion by Clyde Penrod with second by Vicki Rufener. Motion carried to form Marketing Committee.
Pastor of Visitation’s Report
- Women’s Over Night on May 4-5 was attended by 11 women of St. John’s and 6 from Bluffton.
Director of Christian Education’s Report
- Youth Group – End of school year lockin May18-19, decided to donate money to Lotts Creek School in Kentucky.
- XOO – Picnic was held April 25.
- FLOCK – Lunches will be served Mondays beginning June 4 through Aug 20.
- Summer organist – Noah Carpenter. Motion by Laura Brown with second by Clyde Penrod. Motion carried.
- Projects completed – kitchen fan coil, phone system, LED lights in sanctuary. Painting is only thing left to be done in organ room.
- Communion lists passed around.
Board of Christian Education's Report
- VBS June 18-22. Helpers needed: game leader, bible explorer helper, snack helper
Reports of Committees/Task Forces
- Finance Committee – Rea & Assoc no longer going to be doing bookkeeping. Contracted with Pat Cooper to take over for $635 a month.
- Banquet Committee – meeting on May 10 at 6:00 to discuss future of Banquet Committee.