Church Council Notes For June 13th, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm in the Fellowship Center with the following in attendance: Cathie McCulloch, Angie Gump, Dave Gingrich, Dan Hurst, Laura Brown, Vicki Rufener, Sue Ferbrache, Barb Lengler, Holly Gonter, Karen Dummermuth, Stacie Deitrick, Dean Allman, Ed Cook, Bob Feutz, and Pastor Tom.
- The general fund ended the month with a balance of $10,398. A total of $2,500 has been transferred from Investments in 2017.
Senior Minister’s Report
- Officiated at 2 funerals and 2 baptisms.
- Chiz Rider Concert September 21.
Pastor of Visitation’s Report
- Officiated at 1 funeral.
Director of Christian Education’s Report
- Youth Group – Thanks to all for your generous donations to the youth through shares of stock.
- Feed My FLOCK (Free Lunch fOr Christ’s Kids) – sign-up sheets for help on bulletin board in Fellowship Center, still accepting donations for the meals. 32 meals were served this week.
- Working on Master Worship Calendar for 2018.
- Quote from Melway Paving for parking lot asphalt repair, sealing and restriping for $13,725. Motion by Pastor Tom Dunkle with second by Sue Ferbrache. Motion carried unanimously.
- Nursery and Usher lists are being reviewed.
Board of Christian Education's Report
- Ladies Night Out – July 1 at 11:00 at Fort Laurens, bring sack lunch.
- Summer Picnic – Dover Pool on Aug 5 from 6:30-8:30, bring covered dish.
Reports of Committees/Task Forces
- Organ Renovation Committee – getting quotes from 3 companies.
- “Cruise in for Ribs” benefit for youth minister staffing – rib tasting and car cruise-in on Aug 19 from 5-8.
- “Soup Sale” to benefit the RePurse It Mission on Sept 24; chicken noodle, potato, stuffed pepper and chili sold by cup, bowl, pint or quart.
- Grants possibly available from UCC for Youth Minister.
For the Good of St. John's
- Bocce season in full swing. Stop up to Deis Hill on Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 6:30. Meeting adjourned at 8:30.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15.