St. John’s Church Council Minutes For December 11, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm in the Fellowship Center with the following in attendance: Mark Perry, Dan Dummermuth, Dave Gingrich, Dan Hurst, Laura Brown, Ed Cook, Adam Herman, Vicki Rufener, Ed Rufener, Sue Ferbrache, Susan Penrod, Clyde Penrod, Karen Dummermuth, John Deitrick, Stacie Deitrick, Mark Hughes, Laiken Wallick, Kelly Wallick, Rev. Dunkle, Pastor Dotty, Belinda Lentz, Abbi Dummermuth and Jillian Brown.
- The general fund ended the month with a balance loss of $8672. $77,295 has been transferred from Investments during 2018. Motion by Adam Herman, second by Ed Cook. Treasurer’s Report approved.
Senior Minister’s Report
- Youth Minister Position/Search Committee met on December 14. New church profile has been input onto the UCC website and is awaiting release.
- Corn Hole League is up and running with 10 teams. Money is being raised for the Food Pantry.
Pastor of Visitation’s Report
- 159 Operation Christmas Child boxes delivered to local drop off point.
- 40 adults and children took part in Christmas Caroling at Nursing Homes on December 5.
Director of Christian Education’s Report
- Middle School and Senior High Youth will be moving Sunday School time back to Sunday mornings at 9:00 beginning January 6.
- XOO – Window painting attended by 30 after covered dish on Sunday, December 2.
- Food Pantry collection will be entire month of January.
- Christmas Eve Service sign is now in church front yard.
- One of the garbage disposals has been replaced in the kitchen.
- Passed around communion sign-up sheets for Christmas Eve and January 6.
Board of Christian Education's Report
- Nothing new to report on.
Reports of Committees/Task Forces
- Organ Committee – additional donation received this week
- Finance Committee – a member initiating a “landscape fund” donating $1000 as start up; idea is to raise money to help with landscaping by hiring landscaper as needed
- Nominating Committee – continuing to recruit members to fill council positions